We all have the power to send a blessing to another person, a specific area or to things (like food) before we eat it. You don’t need to be religious, belong to a certain church or even have any specific religious or spiritual training to send a blessing. You can simple asked that something be “blessed” or you can ask that God/Source, Angels and even Spirit Guides bless…(fill in the blank.)
When you “bless” another person, place or thing, you raise its vibration. And, not that we are looking for anything in return, but when we send a blessing, we also raise our own vibration.
Recently, when illness, violence and fear started to spread during the Covid Pandemic and the riots in the city of Chicago, I would go for a walk each morning and send a blessing. When I got to the park that I consider to be the center of my neighborhood, I would picture a ball of light. I would ask “God, Angels and My Spirit Guides to… “Please bless and protect my neighborhood, my town, my county, my state, my country and the world from illness, violence, hate, and fear.” As I did this, I would picture the white light going out in a spiral, and I would visualize it first covering my town, my county, then the state, the United States, and then the entire globe. I did also say the town’s name, along with the county and state’s name, but there is no wrong way to send a blessing. When I was done asking for the blessing, I would say “thank you” or “and so it is.”
When it came to the above-mentioned blessing, I did ask assistance from God, Angels, and my Spirit Guides most of the time, but there were times that I also asked Mother Mary to assist, and I called upon Jesus Christ, as well. Again, there is no wrong way to send a blessing, just like there isn’t a wrong way to pray. My mentors have always taught me that as long as the intention is there, all is fine.
Here are some other examples on how to send a blessing:
- As you say goodbye to someone, you can wish them to have a “blessed day!”
- Before you eat, you can say out loud or in your head, “Bless this food!
- Maybe you see someone out in public, or at work who is going through something or struggling with something. In your head, you can say, “Bless that person.”
- You can also ask that animals and geographic locations be blessed.
- You can send a blessing to buildings, such as to schools. An example would be “Please bless and protect (i.e. School) and all of the students and staff who are there.”
- You can also send a blessing to your children, family members and your friends.
The list can go on and on….
If this resonates with you, or you feel the pull to do so, try sending a blessing to someone or something today. When you are done, see if anything feels lighter or different to you.